Here are our 9 tips to make the perfect pancake.
- Leave the batter to rest at room temperature for at least an hour, whisk again before cooking.
- For a richer batter, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter to the mix.
- Using butter to fry will give you more colour and a deeper flavour. Be careful not to overheat the pan or the butter will burn.
- Use a silicon pastry brush to cover the pan with butter or oil more evenly.
- Use a good non-stick frying pan, with a flat base.
- Make the batter up a day ahead if you can. Chill if making more than 4 hours ahead of cooking.
- For dessert pancakes add 1 tsp of maple or ground cinnamon to the batter.
- Cooked pancakes keep well in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for a month. Place a sheet of making parchment between each pancake, then wrap in a double layer of clingfilm before freezing.
- Don’t worry if the first pancake isn’t perfect. It can take a minute until you figure out the correct temperature for your pan.