Want to make the Perfect Pancakes this Pancake Day? Follow our recipe and you won’t be disappointed. See our blog for more tips on Perfect Pancakes
Makes 8-10 Pancakes
|Preparation Time:||5 Minutes|
|Cooking Time:||20 Minuts|
|Plain Flour||130 g|
|Melted Butter||3 tbspns|
|Clarks Red Maple and Orange Slices, to serve|
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk gently until combined. Add 5tbsp/75ml cold water and whisk again until completely smooth.
- Place a 20cm-22cm frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 1tsp of butter and gently swirl around the pan to completely coat the base. Leave for just under a minute.
- Once very hot, pour 2-3 tbsp of batter and gently swirl around the pan to completely coat the base. Leave for just under a minute, don't be tempted to turn the pancake until it's rich and golden underneath. Give the pan a sharp shake, if it moves, it should be ready.
- Toss or turn with a spatula and cook for 20-30 seconds until golden. Transfer to a warmed plate, cover with a sheet of foil and a tea towel and repeat with the remaining butter and batter.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and a squeeze of fresh orange.